CWPHOF - Nomination Process
Nominations for the 2023 Canadian Water Polo Hall of Fame induction are now closed!
ELIGIBILITY - CRITERIA FOR INDUCTION TO THE CANADIAN WATER POLO HALL OF FAME
In addition to meeting the criteria for a specific category, potential inductees must also:
- Possess characteristics and qualities that distinguish them as good role models and excellent representatives of Water Polo Canada.
- Not be a current member of the CWPHOF Committee.
- In the case of an athlete, have been retired from international play for at least two years.
- In the case of coaches and officials, have served as a coach or official for a minimum of 25 years.
Nominations open annually in December and will close roughly two months later, on January 31.
All nominations must include supporting documentation for the nominee, including but not limited to:
- A current résumé and sporting achievement CV;
- A minimum of one high-resolution digital photograph of nominated person;
- Optional: Newspaper clippings, letters of support and awards certificates
Nominations must be submitted via email to David Hart (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Bill Meyer (email@example.com).
The CWPHOF Committee may solicit nominations, at their discretion, for any particular category.
Nominations that are not selected for induction the same year they were submitted will be kept on file for consideration in future years.
- Each nomination received will be assessed according to a series of objective criteria that have been established by the CWPHOF Committee. A short-list of nominees for each category will be identified and announced annually in March.
- The CWPHOF Committee will determine inductees by an internal process, including using a system of ranked-choice voting.
- The inductees will be announced live, coast-to-coast online in May or June, in conjunction with National Championship League celebrations.
Click here for details on the CWPHOF
Click here to view the inductees